Friday 4/11: PLEASE NOTE: Not surprisingly, the US again refused to sign the deal to give BRICS their fair share of control of the world financial system in meetings on April 10th and 11th in Washington DC. Additionally, JP Morgan has cut off banking services for all foreign diplomats in the US. We are modifying and updating our next post in response to these major developments.
Why would a movie like this be successful?
Apart from its obvious spiritual implications for humanity, the viability and massive success potential of this plan is almost without question. The first film to have created this heretofore-unexplored genre, a metaphysical documentary film featuring fourteen physicists, neurochemists, physicians and metaphysicians entitled What the Bleep Do We Know?!, has:
(figures extracted from press kit)
- Grossed over 12 million in the US box office;
- Become the 3rd most successful US documentary ever;
- Been released in 11 countries with more openings every month;
- Topped one million national DVD shipments in less than 2 months;
- Surfed Amazon.com’s Top 10 DVD best-seller list for 4 months, ahead of "The Incredibles" and "National Treasure;"
- Beaten all FOX distribution records for multiple-copy DVD purchases worldwide, even surpassing Mel Gibson’s blockbuster, "Passion of the Christ."
As of October 8, 2005, the day this synopsis was written, this film was listed as the #1 "Early Adopter" film – a category said to be "the newest and coolest products our customers of video are buying" – on Amazon.com. The list is updated daily.
An offshoot product, The Little Book of Bleeps, is now ranked as the fifth largest New Age trade paperback in the US. A second book is planned for release in November 2005.
Six different three-day Bleep conferences have drawn thousands of participants, and a sequel film entitled "Down the Rabbit Hole" will be released in the beginning of 2006, thus keeping the "buzz" for such new film products alive through next year.
From the Bleep press kit: "What does this all mean? It means there is an enormous untapped "enlightened entertainment" market worldwide, and What the Bleep?! is its cinematic bellwether... showing the Hollywood film industry just what is needed to tap into this rapidly expanding market."
Furthermore, the success of Bleep is just a subset of an overall, worldwide social phenomenon. Remarkable sales growth is appearing in literally all commercial areas of New Age, Metaphysics, Alternative Therapies and Organic Grocery, and here are some documented examples:
75% Increase in New Age, Religious and Occult Publications, 1993-98: Policy Studies Institute Press Release, October 29, 1998.
200+% Increase in Religion, New Age and Occult Book Sales Compared to Math, Physics and Chemistry Titles, 1993-98: Policy Studies Institute Press Release, October 29, 1998.
744% Growth in Holistic Medicine Sales, 1992-98: Dr. R.W. Watkins, Emergency Medicine Magazine.
10-15% Growth, Per Year, of New Age / Alternative Therapy Markets Throughout All of the 1990s in the UK: Market Research.com, Alternative Healthcare Market Review 2003.
500% Growth of Organic Dairy Product Sales in US, 1994-99: USDA Economic Research Service, 2002.
200% Faster Growth Rate of Organic Food Market over General Grocery Market in UK, 2005: Leigh, Charles. Food for thought as organic sales grow. Guardian Unlimited, May 31, 2005.
315% Growth in Yoga Class Attendees in US, 2002-2005; up to 35 million (over 1 out of every 10 Americans): NYU Stern Berkley Center, Yoga Company Seeks Marketing, Strategy, Product Development Candidate. 2005.
169% Growth in Pilates Class Attendees in US, 2000- 2002 – up to 4.7 million: NYU Stern Berkley Center, Yoga Company Seeks Marketing, Strategy, Product Development Candidate. 2005.
In addition, the radio program "Coast to Coast AM with George Noory" (formerly the Art Bell Show) is the largest night-time talk radio program in the US, with an estimated 20 million listeners. The subject of this nightly program is almost exclusively new and alternative science, or New Age metaphysics. Not one of the popular guests on Coast has ever produced his or her own metaphysical film in this emerging new genre, despite the popularity of the program itself. Bleep is only the beginning of a whole new genre of filmmaking that has yet to be explored, but has a very large, "pre-sold" audience.
- Keep your comment relevant to this item and this item ONLY!
- Please be polite: Attacking, demeaning, disrespectful messages will not be posted.
- Please don't use comments to plug your website/product or your post will be deleted.
- David does not answer questions here.
- Comments over 1000 characters OR that request a response should be on our FORUM.
- To make links clickable, highlight them and click on the blue planet button icon.
- Please do not make posts that carry across multiple comments!
- No Huge Paragraphs: Please hit ENTER twice every 2-3 sentences to make it readable.