I've had two different people write in with suicidal thoughts since the shooting. It turns out that this young man was desperately isolated and lonely, and it casts a whole different view on what happened.
Sometimes music is better than words as a response... and Peter Gabriel, along with his former bandmates Genesis, the undeniably poignant Prince song "Purple Rain", an appropriate Eric Clapton song, Cat Stevens' famous hit "Wild World" and Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle" thrown in for good measure at the end, can help process the grief and open the heart in different ways.
[Obviously if you can't access some of this music, such as Peter Gabriel or Genesis, then this probably won't do it for you... but these are some of my favorite songs, and it feels like a good time to share. If one isn't working for you, try the next one... "Don't Give Up..."]
Peter Gabriel: Don't Give Up
Peter Gabriel: Family Snapshot (Warning: Not bloody but provocative)
Peter Gabriel: Red Rain
Peter Gabriel: I Grieve
Peter Gabriel: Biko
Peter Gabriel: Games Without Frontiers
Peter Gabriel: Solsbury Hill
Peter Gabriel: Rhythm of the Heat (Warning: Graphic Cartoon Violence)
Eric Clapton: Tears in Heaven
Prince: Purple Rain (Click to link back to YouTube page)
Cat Stevens: Wild World (Click to link back to YouTube page)
Jim Croce: Time in a Bottle
Genesis: No Reply At All
Genesis: Turn It On Again
- Keep your comment relevant to this item and this item ONLY!
- Please be polite: Attacking, demeaning, disrespectful messages will not be posted.
- Please don't use comments to plug your website/product or your post will be deleted.
- David does not answer questions here.
- Comments over 1000 characters OR that request a response should be on our FORUM.
- To make links clickable, highlight them and click on the blue planet button icon.
- Please do not make posts that carry across multiple comments!
- No Huge Paragraphs: Please hit ENTER twice every 2-3 sentences to make it readable.
Divine Cosmos Products