Thread: Hello and question about channeling

Default Hello and question about channeling

Just thought I'd introduce myself, my name is David and I'm from the outskirts of Philly Pa in the good old united states.

I've always been a spiritual person, not religious but I never really did much to work on my spirituality specifically until about 6 years ago when my father passed away. The night I found out and was loosing my mind trying to get ready to get to California to deal with this I heard my father, clear as day saying "David! I'm OK!" And in that moment I had a vision of me standing next to him and I knew that from his perspective only a moment had passed but from my perspective I had lived my entire lifetime here on earth. When I got to Ca. I began noticing all the synchronicities that were the last 6 months of so of my fathers life. Just little random things that when you look back it painted a picture of someone tying up the loose ends before leaving.

One thing that I had always been good at was lucid dreaming. For a long time I just got a kick out of it and never really thought much of it. I would have such vivid dreams and remember in detail when I woke up what the dreams were about. I learned how to remember and take away some key points right after waking up then later I could use those points to unlock the whole dream. Kind of like the images in the movie Johnny Mnemonic. Now I realize they're messages... Opps... Wasn't paying attention.

After my father died that was the start of me trying to understand my spirituality and draw everything together. Early on I used to beg for more and more information and well I got my wish... And regretted it. I suspect my higher self was sending me a message. If I'm like my higher self, my higher self must be like me and I'm good with giving people enough latitude to get themselves in trouble but not enough to really hurt them. Sometimes you just have to learn on your own. So after three days of reviving massive amounts of information I was just about in the fetal position begging for it to stop. I have to accept that information comes as I can use it. It worked out ok because as soon as I realized that I became surrounded in the most wonderful, beautiful white light I've ever seen and just felt such love and contentment I can only begin to describe it. My parents loved me very much (and still do) but the love I felt that night dwarfed the love my parents gave me. Also, if you didn't know better you'd think I was high or drunk or both by the way I was reacting afterwards. I was just stumbling around, giggling and laughing.

Fast forward a few years and last October when my aunt passed away she came to me and said goodbye. It was her and my grandfather and she came while I was in a lucid dream and immediately after she left I woke up, called my mother who was at the hospital and learned that she had just passed. Not that I had a lot of doubts about death and the afterlife before this; I now have no doubt that death is just an illusion and it is in no way the end of us...

Anyway, onto my question on channeling. There have been times where I will begin talking, usually when I'm explaining something and I will start rattling of information like crazy. It's unusual in a couple of ways. One way it's unique is that I'll stop using words like "Um, well, so, you know, etc". The words will just flow out quickly and very smoothly. The other thing is that I've explained things that I have no idea of how I knew what they were. Years ago I went to school to learn to fix airplanes and I explained, in detail, the workings of a constant speed propeller, the history and design innovations and the specifics of the one in front of me. Part way through an instructor came over and listened and after commented how on how well I knew it. Problem was that I hadn't taken the powerplant class which, among other things, teaches how constant speed propellers work.... To this day I have no idea how I knew all that information.

So, my question. Does it sound like I'm channeling my higher self or some other being and can you go into channeling while fully conscience without any meditation? When this happens there usually is a sense in my mind that I'm in the background and sometimes realizing that has even derailed it a bit - I'll be speaking, realize I'm in the background, refocus in and just stop talking and I'll be standing there thinking "What was I talking about?"... I'll totally loose my pace.

I'm learning a lot and am having the most excellent time with all this. I really can't think of anything more fun, exhilarating, beautiful or entertaining that the life I'm living right now. It's truly awesome and it's great to find a site like David's to learn more.

Namaste,

[moderator: channeling one's own higher self may make for a good forum topic but just a reminder to those responding - no channeled info is permitted on the forum, other than that listed in David's Reading Recommendations.]
    Last edited by MarkM; 04-15-2012 at 05:23 PM.

Exclamation the mind loses the matter.

Hello, David...
    I tell myself...

when I communicate I am always channeling my own higher self and his name is NOT Ra. HAHA!
    For now I cannot go back to seeing myself as separate from my higher self, now that I have learned there can be no separation.
    To me, the divine division of Consciousness and Subconsciousness makes up my higher self, or God, and I am thankful for the present, apparent, separation...but Unconsciousness can f off...only...it can't...it's very required.
    To be unconscious of something is to forget it. To experience all which can be experience is to want to remain unconscious of some(most) things in the present, I am betting.
    I may be very conscious of my subconsciousness but do tell me how my subconscious can ever really be conscious of me? Anything is possible.
    Just as one cannot have consciousness without unconsciousness, one cannot have a self without a higher self or all-powerful self. These two things can merge, likely, as much as you can perceive, or rather imagine, they can.
    Maybe two infinite things are essential to make the one infinite being?
    Consciousness has always been along with it's all-knowing opposite, or vice versa?, as there is no other way.
    Here we experience what it's like to think we've been born because being born is something we can, truly, never really do.
    For now, my own lower self has been left behind. For now, mine can remain only in memory, with the new light/knowledge I have obtained.
    I now acknowledge everything from every thought to action as significant and not random. I no longer believe in randomness but only oneness.
    I remain aware every infinitesimal thing can only be born into awareness with purpose.
    I think that everything that can be has been and we are presently just choosing to observe/experience/rediscover our favorite parts infinitely.
    "We do only what we're meant to do." -Keymaker from The Matrix
    Are you channeling another being? It's very likely, if you believe you are.
    Can you go into channeling, while being fully conscience, without any meditation? I am guessing, yes...if you can only believe you can.

Are you channeling another being? It's very likely, if you believe you are.
    Can you go into channeling, while being fully conscience, without any meditation? I am guessing, yes...if you can only believe you can.
    Not sure who I'm channeling. I've discovered that I'm a non human spirit having a human experience so sometimes I feel that it's another being but when I really meditate on the whole thing I feel it's me. That lead to the discovery that I'm a non human spirit.

And, yes, without meditation I can go into channeling, or what I assume is channeling. They come in two forms. One where it's the normal channeling where I'm just rambling away and I have no idea what I'm talking about. I recall in the most general sense the basics of what I'm saying but I'm really just an interface. I really have no control over this either, but it usually comes when I'm explaining something. Not always technical, could be how to run a business, what to do in a relationship, etc. I can't just decide to channel right here and now on such and such topic.

The other way is a download type of channeling. Something will be on my mind and I'll ask the question to my higher self and poof! I'll get some bulk download that's a jumble and I have to sort it out but 1) I can control these much better, 2) they can be specific and 3) I get to use the knowledge where the straight channeling I mentioned above I only vaguely recall.

Back to being a non human spirit, I have for as long as I can remember, believed that I was here to observe something great with humanity. When I had my first psychic reading, before I even believed in them, the woman told me the same; that I would witness the greatness in humanity within my lifetime. So I got that going for me, which is nice... But recently in my spiritual growth the question formed about my origin, largely sparked by the sense of who I was communicating when I channeled. It felt alien from my human perspective but it also felt as if it was me at the same time. But it's not the first time I've been human. I was around when the Egyptians were building their pyramids... Most of the details of that experience are still off limits for me. There are limits to how much information and knowledge my human form can absorb at once. In time I'll know more.

Smile

I can relate about feeling like a non-human spirit because I've had many dreams where I'm not in a body, at least not one I'm able to perceive, and I'm viewing earth from space. In one interesting one I was looking at the earth while feeling slightly irritated, but mostly amazed, because in the dream I just knew for certain everything did have a beginning, but me, and the spot was right there/here on earth.

I know the perfect person to tell you who, if anyone, you are channeling and I will PM you the contact info. They can very likely also give you more details about your other life...

The one time I kinda tried channeling I said the first random name to pop in my head and the name I got was Ashtar before having ever googled it...
    I didn't get any other info from it other than it's name or either I happened to get lucky?

Hopefully, in time, we get to know everything there is to know...if we want to...