Thread: Since I read the Law of One....

Default Since I read the Law of One....

It seems to be popping up everywhere quite randomly.. Here are a coupe of examples..

“A human being is part of a whole, called by us the ‘Universe’ —a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts, and feelings, as something separated from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” - Albert Einstein

‎"It really boils down to this: that all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied into a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. We are made to live together because of the interrelated structure of reality. Did you ever stop to think that you can’t leave for your job in the morning without being dependent on most of the world? You get up in the morning and go to the bathroom and reach over for the sponge, and that’s handed to you by a Pacific islander. You reach for a bar of soap, and that’s given to you at the hands of a Frenchman. And then you go into the kitchen to drink your coffee for the morning, and that’s poured into your cup by a South American. And maybe you want tea: that’s poured into your cup by a Chinese. Or maybe you’re desirous of having cocoa for breakfast, and that’s poured into your cup by a West African. And then you reach over for your toast, and that’s given to you at the hands of an English-speaking farmer, not to mention the baker. And before you finish eating breakfast in the morning, you’ve depended on more than half the world. This is the way our universe is structured, this is its interrelated quality. We aren’t going to have peace on Earth until we recognize this basic fact of the interrelated structure of all reality." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    ― Bill Hicks

‎"... and of the human soul and spirit, modern psychiatry has been strangely silent. Even worse, most of the genuine human experiences of transcendental Spirit have been not just ignored but rather violently pathologized by modern psychiatry. The easiest way to be labeled "schizophrenic" in out society is to let it be known that you feel that in the deepest part of your being, you (and all sentient beings as such) are one with infinite Spirit, one with the Universe, one with the All, an insight that every wisdom culture the world over has held to be, not the depths of mental illness, but the pinnacle of human insight. This intuition of the Supreme Identity, shared by all beings, is not the ultimate pathology but the ultimate liberation."- Healing The Split by John Nelson

I also recently got diagnosed with bipolar disorder or manic-depressive disorder. At the peak of my last manic episode (prior to me being diagnosed and medicated with lithium) I felt this one-ness at the very core of my being I could see it and sense it all around me, time no longer felt like a linear phenomenon, everything seemed holy and divine and I had to keep convincing myself that I was not a Jesus or Buddha type of entity. Now I thought this was unique to my experience because I had read these books and now my delusional mind somehow made it feel real to me. Later I looked into the work of Drs. Carl Jung and Stanislav Grof. And they use the term "spiritual awakening/emergency" when describing the type of experience that I and countless other people with this disorder have encountered in the passed. So now I combine what I read in the books with what I learned from these two doctors among others and I am quite confused. Is this really happening or is it just my ego trying to make me think I'm special, sort of a delusion of grandeur which is a common thing among sufferers of this disorder. Thank you.

Greetings,
    Im not sure if this helps but I can relate to your confusion... I had a "salvation experience as a teen, and several "holy spirit fillings" over a 10 year period. Then got divorced, left the church, and started drinking and druging again for about a 10 year period, now I'm reading Law of One material and feeling the presence and power of my Higher Self. I honestly think the holy spirit and higher self are the same. its the same voice in my head and I can trust it to lead me in the right direction. If I listen... flesh is weak.. The main thing is. you need to be quiet and listen to your inner voice and believe for yourself... if your not sure if you can trust it say this prayer or somthing like it... "Infinite Light, clear my mind and open my ears to only hear your voice. Protect me from distractions, and quiet any inner voices that don't serve Love...anyway you get the drift...Pray Listen, and let the One Infinate Loving Creator reveal your truth to you...Love and Peace
    Doug

Well Player we are all connected to the creator, we are all a part of that oneness.

Everyone experences it diffrently. . . Some see it in the eyes of joyous person they meet, some feel it in bursts of infinite connection.

The truth may be that you are you, a unique expression of creation. Who knows maybe Jesus and Budda had experences of a bipolar nature as well? It could be what led them to talk about the divine connection.

Really the point is, that there is no need to see yourself above or below anyone else, ever. We are all people, all flesh and blood and brains.

I'll tell you, I've experienced things that are undeniable proof of oneness, but explaining those things to other people who don't see the world as I do is quite a task, and sometimes even impossable.

We are all unique my friend, be at peace with what you are allowed to experence, it is there for you to see.
    Gnothi Seauton (know thyself)

Let's put it this way, a Jesus or Buddha type of entity or being is nothing out of the ordinary in this verse or any other, being human is much more rare.