Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you stuck in a rut?

Default Are you stuck in a rut?

i want to get a feel for how many people here know what im talking about or have been through this and are in a rut right now.

ill define it as this, you are stuck, not moving forward and are generally doing the same thing over and over and over again.

what have you been doing to alleviate this, that actually makes big changes forward.

Default You're Not Alone

hello there,

i can surely relate to what you are talking about. right now i'm currently trying to figure out how to fully become a body of light and ascend entirely out of 3d into the new 4d positive earth. i've grown tired of the material world and feel it serves no purpose for it is not in harmony with mother earth. i have a job, eat and sleep..but it's not enough, i can't help but feel like my existence is pointless doing these things anymore. i've done a lot of spiritual work (this being my 17th "spiritually oriented" incarnation on earth) and feel my work here is done. now i just need to learn how to "pop/blink" on over the the other side. hope other's will be willing to collaborate on the subject.

peace, love, & happiness,
    -aj

Default Hamster wheel

i totally know the feeling! i have been feeling so much lately that i'm just on a hamster wheel going round and round. the days are all blending together and i dont feel like i'm doing anything of much importance. i know i need to take some action to start the energy moving in a new direction...but i feel stuck. i consider times such as this to be 'germinating' phases, where things i may have just learned or opened up to on a spiritual level are finding there place and i'm adapting the some new energies. i'm sure the firestorm of change will be along before i know it...so i try to be patient and enjoy the calm.

i am and have been for a long time. it wasnt until i became in touch with my spiritual side that i gained momentum, but still, it only goes so far. ive found myself a job, not something that suits me but i require money for studies into what i wish to accomplish. i have no expectations, i do not expect to become a body of pure light. meditation has helped much for balance and clarity, but i also do not expect to recieve great powers nor wisdom.

all i hope for is to live happily from this day forth, to be of good nature to myself, others and the world. to help where possible and avoid all conflicts, and mostly to deviate from the harsh reallity that society has held onto so tightly within competition and heirachy.

there is much self dicipline within myself now. with this i can direct love to the world freely and without regret or fear. this is now my reality and i accept it with open arms.
    In light, in love, with gratitude and acceptance, we give thanks to all that is, the universe, our home, our joy

-To be 'One' requires 'Two' choices, to be free is to see 'three' ways beyond the horizon-
    -Words are but symbolic platforms that hold meanings, meaning has a way of building mortal towers that fall upon immortal virtues-

i was born with an aversion to the drudgery of a 9 to 5 job, a house mortgage, a car payment and all the material bondage that keeps you on the hamster wheel until you wake up over 40 years old with a midlife crisis realizing your life is half gone and has had no meaning or significance.

i have been reading a couple books that have touched on this subject. i would point them out but we are not allowed to mention them here.

first of them says to imagine yourself old and on your deathbed. would you die a satisfied person, having met all your goals and had all the adventures you wanted to in this life? in other words, live your life to die a happy, satisfied human being. (i am reading another one pertaining to ascended masters which talks about how death is not necessary at all and if we train our minds properly we can have unlimited youth and pass from the body whenever we please. but that is entirely another subject.)

the other book talks about how if you are bord then your soul wishes to embark on a new adventure of some sort. and to do it. it says that many enlightened souls on our planet are homeless bums who do only what it takes to take care of the body. they live life without material bondage, free to roam the earth meeting many people and having many adventures.

my latest adventure that i took was to sell the few material possesions i had and back pack all over south florida. i spent the summer like this and it was an amazing experience. free everyday to go on a new adventure. i met lots of amazing people and i have a new best friend out of the deal.

[nice post foo - but reference to psycho-active drug removed]

@natho:

why sell yourself short? why not wish for a magnificent life full of complete fullfillment? it kind of sounds like you are protecting yourself from dissappointment by saying you are not expecting much but to be happy. dare to dream because you get what you wish and you deserve it man!
    Last edited by MarkM; 09-27-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    "When you look into the eyes of another, any other, and you see your own soul looking back at you, then you will know that you have reached another level of consciousness." -Brian Weiss

not selling myself short in any way, i have a current plan to become a national park ranger so that is my main goal. there are no major dreams for me, thus being happy is being content. some have high goals for happiness, some are smaller, to each their own in that regard but there have been no losses on the way, just experience.
    im one to live in the moment, i find more suprise in this manner and good times come and go. like the 'yes man' scenario, i tend more to experiment with situations rather than expect future events and outcomes, there is method to this madness lol.
    In light, in love, with gratitude and acceptance, we give thanks to all that is, the universe, our home, our joy

-To be 'One' requires 'Two' choices, to be free is to see 'three' ways beyond the horizon-
    -Words are but symbolic platforms that hold meanings, meaning has a way of building mortal towers that fall upon immortal virtues-

it seems natho that trying to suss what's potentially different with this go-around of the situation is at times much more interesting that trying to invest in outcome. sometimes the outcome might be crazily different and more far reaching if you take the situation (which is almost always an invitation to re-visit and change a condition) and find what can be different, find the smile factor. seriously, situation's purpose may ultimately be about getting past anything which is less than acceptance of other's paths.

if you can smile somewhat in the face of the previous go-around which featured anything less, you got it, baby, and the spiral will tend upwards. mark

it's been really hard for me since last year when i broke up with my fiance'. i was diagnosed with severe depression. since the break up i was like a hermit...i did what i needed to do around the house but most of the time i vegged in front of the tv. i'm trying to break out and do things i like use to do. knowing that it is materialistic and bring me temporary happiness, i bought my dream car. it did change my mood because i know i will have to baby her and take of it, putting me in a different frame of mind. plus i bought a pet rabbit knowing that he will have to rely on me to survive and be loved. even hanging out with friends and such......i just can't build up enough steam to get excited as once did in life. i just don't know...life goes on but that is about it.....rutville.

foosnik, that is an amazing, and inspiring story. your comment on death, i too agree with. i see no reason to leave my body yet. i am and want to make the absolute most of this life! in fact i am deliberately forgetting my age.

you're right, if your bored why live? it seems the longest lived and happiest people always have a new goal, a new challenge, a new adventure. it gives them a reason to live.

natho, i admire the fact that you want to be happy. isn't that what we all want after all? why isn't a national park ranger a major dream? if you did have the world at your fingertips would you still do the same thing?

hey apro 4x4, what is your dream car?

Quote Originally Posted by estopatitiana View Post
    foosnik, that is an amazing, and inspiring story. your comment on death, i too agree with. i see no reason to leave my body yet. i am and want to make the absolute most of this life! in fact i am deliberately forgetting my age.

you're right, if your bored why live? it seems the longest lived and happiest people always have a new goal, a new challenge, a new adventure. it gives them a reason to live.
    yeah it also brings them joy. i think people incarnate here for infinite different reasons but i think a big part of whatever reason you come for is to experience joy. when you are experiencing joy is when you are closest to god, imo.

and yeah, totally forget your age. break free of the mind frame or the matrix that we fall into when we are born here. it is never too late for anything. my mom is a shining example of this. she just fell in love and remarried at age 65 and is now writing and publishing children's books at age 70. she is youthful and boyant and is showing no signs of slowing.

this latest back packing trip freed me more than i had imagined it would. a big objective i had for the trip was to put god to the test. i broke my lease and took off with only a back pack full of cloths and a couple hundred dollars. and i said, "well god, i'm gonna need food for 3 months and we will see where i am gonna come out of this on the other end." and i was never hungry. i camped around. spent a lot of time in the keys and swam with the dolphins. i did odd jobs here and there and made some money along the way. but it showed me that all these spiritual principals seem to be true. there is no reason to worry because god will provide for you.

i also noticed that earlier in my life as i built and gained the material possesions that i wanted i also was building a lot of fear of losing it all. and stripping myself of everything felt so fresh and amazing. i am a changed man now because i will probably get all my material possesions back but i will no longer have fear of losing them all. because losing them all can be just as much fun as having them. if i lose everything in the future i will view it as an opportunity to go on another back packing trip or another adventure and start anew all over again.

and now me and this new friend are about to rent a warehouse to live in and start a business. i've always wanted to live in a warehouse since i saw the movie "big" with tom hanks. we are going to put a music studio in there, a skate ramp, a basket ball court, a trampoline and some other stuff.

your thread was particularly relative to me because i just turned 33 and decided to go for broke. i have been taking baby steps toward allowing these spiritual principals to take control over me and take control away from the grips of our fear based society. and i thought i had built enough faith to take a giant leap like this. it was a process for me though. i had to build that faith and trust over time. and i see now that each time certain seemingly disastrous situations arose in my life i emerged from them better off then before. and god put a step under my foot, just in time, whenever i felt like i was gonna fall.

i don't know about you all but for me the whole thing had to begin with just figuring out what i really wanted. i had to have a dream before i could make it become a reality. i grew up with cable television, video games, an addiction to fashion, recreational drugs and all sorts of distractions that kept me chasing after my next fix like a donkey chasing a carrot on a string. so i never really developed dreams for my future until i was around 30 years old. the chase for all the material, temporary satisfactions left me with more than one manic depression during which i made the most progress toward figuring out what was most important to me in life.

this quote from anne frank was particulary relevant to how i felt for a long time as i struggled to go against the main stream current of society and apply the spiritual tools and principals to my life that i have learned from this website and various other books:

and finally i twist my heart round again, so that the bad is on the outside and the good is on the inside, and keep on trying to find a way of becoming what i would so like to be, and could be, if there weren't any other people living in the world.
    so i wish for you all to drop the "shoulds" that society or family says that you should be or do and find inside your heart what will bring you joy. i do believe that is all god really wants for his children. i leave you with a quote from henry david thoreau:

go confidently in the direction of your dreams! live the life you've imagined. as you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
    "When you look into the eyes of another, any other, and you see your own soul looking back at you, then you will know that you have reached another level of consciousness." -Brian Weiss