Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Near Death Experiences

this was truly a great article. he nails down exactly why not only the academics but even the religious often want to debunk actual, concrete evidence. i, too, when i have argued with people that god will ultimately be scientifically proven, have gotten that argument that it would be no good because we should believe out of faith.

well, what is faith, if not a kind of intuitive feeling, and whence this feeling? if you are religious and believe you have a soul and a conscience, then that faith if based upon something real, even though you can't quite pin down why you have it.

and what about those less blessed with this inner intuition?

and, he rightly also points out that if the evidence became widely and publicly accepted, it would change our culture tremendously, which of course many don't want.

the only thing i would argue with him about, is the calling of the spiritual reality "non material" or nonphysical:
    this kind of case—and there are lots of them—shows quite straightforwardly that there are nonphysical ways in which the mind can acquire information. hence materialism is false.
    this in my opinion is a false way of thinking, and actually is based upon thinking within the old paradigm. because spiritual things are so mysterious we label them as nonphysical. but are they? if they are non physical then how do they influence matter? if they are nonphysical, in what way do they exist?

for example, we have this huge electromagnetic spectrum, of which we now know we can perceive with our senses just a small portion. and yet those xrays that we can in no way sense are very real, and even will kill us and destroy our dna. if there is esp, or if the soul leaves the body and watches people converse in the waiting room, there is a way, a mechanism, by which this happens.

i think that there are energies which are very subtle, which indeed operate within other dimensions, but it is all one continuum of existence.

Great thread!

A link to an account of Mellen-Thomas Benedict's experiences with NDE:

http://tonyb.freeyellow.com/id199.html

2.3 leagues S.E. of infamous Denver International Airport

Quote Originally Posted by MarkM View Post
    Great thread!

A link to an account of Mellen-Thomas Benedict's experiences with NDE:

http://tonyb.freeyellow.com/id199.html

I'm surprised that we haven't seen reader's comments following Mark's suggestion to check out the stupendous link mentioned above.....so I will break/melt the ice.

I ran across Benedict's account about ten years ago....and haven't been the same person since. The reading experience marked a revolution in my take on things spiritual....It addressed and resolved many subtle problems in my thinking, which resulted in my turning off onto a different path...thankfully!

I was now ready for more new stuff..Shortly afterwards I "stumbled" across this special guy, David Wilcock... More things fell into place. Oddly enough I had been fascinated with the life story of Edgar Cayce. Cayce never wrote anything of note but there were two books concerning his life and works that made him famous....as I remember, one was There is a River and the other, In His House Are Many Mansions...authored by Gina Something and Thomas Sugrue (SP) ...With a big bang Reincarnation was introduced to the Western World! this was in the fifties. At same time I also read psychic works (Sheldon) that David mentioned reading in his childhood...but some twenty or so years later.

Sorry...got side tracked there ---happens to us old guys.

I would like to make another reading suggestion; that would be Carla Ruerkert's
    fantastic work, A Wanderer's Handbook. "An Owner's Manuel For ETs and other spiritual Outsiders!" (says so right on the cover) She should know since Carla
    was the connection to the source which brought forth the fantastic The Ra Material

Another great, broad spectrum educational undertaking, would be to read the FOUR volumes of Dolores Cannon's stunning magnum opus,The Convoluted Universe. I'm on my third reading...new stuff seems to pop up between reads..

If you like (should) start with a daily meditation tidbit my favorite is selected stuff
    from advice passed on by a guy with the strange moniker of Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov...The odd Omraam bit was a designation given to him by a famous Indian Yogi when he saluted Aivanhov as a powerful spiritual entity....(Would you believe from the White Brotherhood no less?) SO!Google Prosveta and get hooked up for free daily deliveries.

I trust this list will be found helpful to....someone?

Best, billiousbobbutterball

I've been reading - in fact, have just finished reading the book by Michael Newton, 'Journey of Souls'. GREAT book!! I would recommend this book to all who are interested in learning of the issues of the complex course of between lives, and how we may come to see how a lifetime is just a short stage of learning, as compared to our eternal, evolving existence.

Our little soul groups of those most important to us are here seen to be recurring over and over again. Mark

Just since you mentioned soul groups it made me think of how many people who have had past life experiences seem to have injuries or health issues in areas of their body where they remember having in a past life, sometimes these are the result of why they died.

Its got me thinking about my own illness. I wonder if that is anything to do with a previous life? I used to have dreams as a child about being able to bend and stretch like the stretchy guy out of the fantastic four. I always knew I had odd double jointed fingers for as long as I remember but I never knew I had EDS and have extremely bendy joints and really my connective tissue is I suppose quite stretchy. Since finding out about EDS it reminded me of those dreams I had as a child.

Also a month or so ago I had what I felt was almost a near death experience. I actually did think I was gonna die although I think it was just sleep paralysis or something I dunno for sure but I have been suffering from sleep apnea a lot in the last year too and its really scary but back to the sleep paralysis/near near death experience.

I was going for a nap as I was really tired and I started dozing off then I woke back up really suddenly and I couldn't move at all I felt my whole body go rigid and immediately I thought this is it I tried to move or call out but couldn't at all then very quickly my thoughts moved to my daughter I didn't want to die with her in the house then again my thoughts moved quickly to acceptance of death and then it really was like everything that ever happened in my life every memory just flashed very quickly. It wasn't like speeding through my life it was just everything all at once in that instant as a whole but at the same time I knew every single thing was there. Imagine a deck of cards sitting in a pile but sort of spread out vertically as if the bottom one is sitting down and all the rest are directly above it all spaced apart and then in an instant it all collapsed together, that was like the memory of everything all just being presented it was so weird. Then a brief few seconds later I could move again and I immediately sat upright and was sort of mentally and emotionally winded and felt really scared about what had just happened. It hasnt happened again since then but a few weeks ago I was trying to have a nap and my heart sped up and could feel it thumping then my breathing started going funny, cant get enough air into my lungs although they are full so I sat up but then I felt really weird I was so light headed I felt like I was about to drop and I couldnt think or talk right, it was really scary I sort of wandered about in a daze preparing myself to have to go to the hospital or something. I told my daughter I had to call NHS 24 I was scared I was gonna pass out and die, it wore off a bit after a little while then it came back, went to out of hours surgery and apparently all my oxygen levels were normal, blood was ok, chest was clear and as usual they could find nothing

I am getting quite scared recently. I feel as if my time is gonna be up quite soon. I hope not but these episodes I keep getting are horrible and scary as hell. Theres definitely some brain issues there although I had an MRI scan and eventually tracked down the report which just said no further intervention required, what the hell kind of information is that? Its soemthing Im gonnna have to try and get a second opinion on or something because I am still having all these neurological issues regardless of what their report says and I would like to know exactly what thats meant to mean.

Hey, Cameron
    Try googling "phantom death".
    You might find something useful.

V

Thanks I had a look although there are few links and not a lot of information but definitely an interesting way of looking at it. Does make me wonder thats for sure!