Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions toward growth.

Default Questions toward growth.

i read elsewhere that this forum is the place to ask questions, so here goes.

if a lot of the population were to believe something that was told to them as being a spiritual/physical process about to happen, would their beliefs make it manifest/come about?
    or is it that what will happen would have happened anyway because of predestination?
    and would that mean that the only difference would be the amount of people affected in a positive way?
    appreciate your thoughts on this.
    There is a river...

no answers? well, i'm not surprised that no one gave an answer because the questions are similar to a lot of questions about religious/spiritual things--no one knows absolutely.

i'm going to be away from my computer for four days. i'll check back then.
    There is a river...

hi, east sun.

sometimes a post doesn't get answered simply becaues the forum is big, the threads are many and there are many "favorite" topics. so please take it easy if sometimes your post is slow to get a response.

i often find it too overwhelming to plough thruogh so much of so rich of the material here. so i limit myself to one or two threads, and some of other i don't even open.

as to your questions - in my understanding (and i go mostly by ra original materials and q'uo material) the answer to your first two questions is both yes.
    in other words the galactic clock is set in a way that certain events are predestined and mathematically unavoidable. however, as q'uo gently puts it in one of his sessions, there are certain metaphysical adjustments that can be made to that divine math.

so let's say if the shift is predestined and set to happen at a certain time. so yes it will happen and is happening as we speak in a sense, irrespective of our beliefs.
    then let's say enough of population believes it. depending on whether we believe it's an event to fear, or to love, the shift will take the shape and form of our dominating beliefs.
    so moving on to your 3rd question, i would say it's not so much about number of people being able to go positively, that's only one element of it. it's about the whole experience of the shift - how we want it to be.

sorry that's a rather superficial answer to a very profound question.

love to you

deambor

Default Minimum.

hi, east sun.

if i may add to deambor's answer:

what will happen could be related to the **critical mass**?
    you know? the minimum number of persons needed to impact on events?

it would be fun to know, how many are awaked,
    on the 6,500,000,000 we are now ?

blue skies.
    Enjoy the marvelous http://www.whatthebleep.com/
    which got me to "The Ra material" and this forum.

Southeastern USA. Also known as the Bible Belt. Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains nearby.

Default That question

Quote Originally Posted by deambor View Post
    sometimes a post doesn't get answered simply becaues the forum is big, the threads are many and there are many "favorite" topics.
    i agree with dreambor. however, the reason i didn't answer your question is because i don't know.

the best answer i can give is one the college president gave me in response to a question i asked him, on the sidewalk right outside the admin building, when i was just a freshman. i'll never forget it. he said:

"that's one of those hard questions."

i will keep my answers as general as the question are.

if a lot of the population were to believe something that was told to them as being a spiritual/physical process about to happen, would their beliefs make it manifest/come about?

to a certain degree

or is it that what will happen would have happened anyway because of predestination?

if we change the word "predestination" to a "framework of direction" i would say, within this framework of direction creation can take place, our creation on this level of consciousness.

and would that mean that the only difference would be the amount of people affected in a positive way?

the amount of personalities affected in any way depends on to many factors to name.

regards detlef

.. it seems to me that since each one of us experiences this life from our own unique perspective, the outcome absolutely depends on our perception of it, i.e. if i choose to see things positively then of course they will be so. i know, that seems obvious, but i think it can apply to the questions posed.

there are infinite possibilities because there are infinite ideas as to what those possibilities may be. if a person can think of it, it can happen. i'm just not sure your questions can be answered for anyone but you, and, if you choose to see it in a certain way, then that is the way it is in your experience.

sorry, it seems like a circular answer, but perhaps that because life is circular... sort of.....

Southeastern USA. Also known as the Bible Belt. Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains nearby.

Default More thoughts

no answers? well, i'm not surprised that no one gave an answer because the questions are similar to a lot of questions about religious/spiritual things--no one knows absolutely.
    east sun, i just remembered some compelling scientific evidence supporting the idea that our expectations create our reality. a group of teachers was once assigned a group with low ability. they were told, however, that they were being assigned children who were children with high ability. by the end of the school year, their students were showing high ability. this was called the "pygmalion effect" after the mythical story about the sculptor for whom a goddess brought a sculpture of a beautiful woman to life. it’s also known as the “rosenthal effect.”

if you're interested in seeing more details on the psychological study, google “pygmalion effect” or check here on widipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/pygmalion_effect

i also like this quote by robert silverberg, a writer of science fiction & fantasy, which sums up an attitude of combined realism & hope about it that i like:

"we want to think that we can grab the wheel and get the bus back on course and steer it safely to the repair shop. right? right. that’s what we want to think. even if it’s only an illusion. because sometimes – who knows? – you can firm up an illusion and make it real.”

thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies.
    it is refreshing for to not have people claim that they know all the answers and argue forever about it.
    i don't think i can ever settle for not knowing, though, so i guess i'll be searching for a while and finding a gem here and there.
    There is a river...

Default juinor too

i would have to say even as a junior as i am. it is not predestined but spiritual teachers and chosen souls that are sent here to help the mass bring this in their consciousness to make it probable for all the best interest. thats why i like entities like david and eckhardt and deepak and edgar. david speaks a lot of the "wanderers". they are entities sent here but have forgotten that they were sent here for this purpose.

thats what i pick up from his teachings. he says if your reseaching this and interested you may be a wanderer.