Thread: Does everyone have a doppelganger?

Default Does everyone have a doppelganger?

i think everyone has a doppelganger, a false identity we have made for ourselves and something that sts entities like to taunt us with. what do you think?

in a lighter version we all have multiple roles (doppelgangers) that we embody and the amount of attachement to these roles that we allow ourselves to be effected with is directly proportional to the amount of material sts entities have to "taunt us with" jmho............................sylvain........... ...................
    Through the Brothers and Sisters of Sorrow, may the light shine !!!

Default So many questions lol

lol and what about ghost doppelgangers? are they perhaps actually past identities too? could it also be be what were before knowing our true higher self perhaps?

what happens to past "incarnations"? do they have some use anymore? do they count as individuals? our true soul is really the higher self, not really the incarnation perhaps?

i have a similar concept to reincarnation, but i don't call it that. i've always called it the possession of the spirit of life, which we all have within us. the spirit of life sustains all creatures, entities, souls, planets, etc and it carries along our memories, thoughts, and feelings. the spirit can easily bring up anything to memory if it sees fit for us to learn something from it. is like why we study history (to avoid the same mistakes). sometimes we misinterpret the purpose to these memories of other lives and get too attached to them and it can make us lose sight of our true selves.

we all have our roles to play and that means there must be a purpose for everything to happen. maybe the "bad things" are really misunderstandings and partial numbness in our perception. i think it's a failure to really let go of suppressed feelings by bringing it to a conscious level so we can learn why we have it and how to avoid letting our feelings control our reason. we have big frontal lobes for this purpose lol and i think we in some sense fabricate our own "devil" (tempter, accuser), which hinders us from becoming the true selves we are meant to be completely made into through the spirit. are past incarnations kinda like "lost souls" or "demons"? i don't know if i can answer that because even wondering that can keep us from knowing our true self. lol it's no wonder the bible warns us not to "talk to dead people". that's also why we are to seek the true selves (in christ?) we are meant to be. the lowers selves of other people or even entities shouldn't keep us from the resurrection and ascension to our true higher self.

time though really doesn't exist in eternity, so in some sense you could say that the roles we play are over and our true selves are already resurrected and ascended, but as long as we're here, we're only dreaming in a sleep. i believe that in there present time the dead are sleeping, but the reality is that the true selves of these souls have awakened after passing a certain time warp to the future (eternal life in another dimension). there will be those who wake up later because they've entered a different time warp in which they remain sleeping to be recreated into something new...then again perhaps they're merely doppelgangers or lower souls that didn't yet make it to their true self.

Default Complex explanation

hi rocky,
    i shared a link to a fine article in "is jesus important?"...about "the double" by adriana koulias.more here:

"when man is born he cannot at first penetrate all the way down into his etheric and physical body with his ego and his soul members. that is he remains unconscious to the physical part of human existence. into these the human being does not dive down. we see this in the biblical tale of the fall when the tree of life (etheric body) is denied man when he eats from the tree of knowledge. this happened for our own good, because knowledge concerning these processes was not only dangerous - man would have been able to manipulate his physical body that is right down into his bones as well as his blood etc – but also would have taken his focus away from developing his ego consciousness. just think how little you can concentrate when you have pain, or when you are ill. at these times you cannot use your higher faculties because your physical processes are overpowering them. we must not be able to sense every process of digestion, every impulse from our brains to our muscles. this would be extremely distracting and occurs only during illness.
    it was therefore necessary for human beings to forget this knowledge and unconsciousness of it resulted.
    rudolf steiner tells us that wherever there occurs unconsciousness this creates opportunities for spiritual beings to enter into man. therefore the fact that man is unconscious into his physical nature creates an opportunity for spiritual beings to enter into the void left by the soul and spirit. it is into this space that a being enters a short time before we are born who takes possession of those unconscious physical processes.
    this being rudolf steiner tells us falls into the category of an ahrimanic being. a being that is connected with the great being of opposition ahriman whose realm is matter, the earth and the fallen ethers.
    this double being under the service of ahriman continues to live within us during our life predominantly in our etheric body in the same way that our spirit lives predominantly within our soul." ....
    that is just the intro and if it interests you, please read the entire article for much fuller explanation
    she writes,"one being that comes to mind immediately is gollum from the lord of the rings. he covets the ring of power, which serves the fallen ethers and their lord. “my precious” is his catch phrase. he is intelligent, quick, clever but has no heart, all he does is for himself and himself alone. he accompanies his master frodo, who at first wants to kill him and later takes pity on him and wants to redeem him. this is wise because without gollum the quest could not have been completed." nina

www.eleggua.com/spirit/the%20double.htm

you may want to see:
    electricity and human consciousness
    without taking account of the relation between bio-electrical processes in the ... naturally, the discovery of electricity and electromagnetism as well as their ...
    www.celtoslavica.de/bibliothek/electricity.html - cached
    "in fact, perhaps the greatest danger in the present state of the evolving consciousness comes from substantial forces working through electricity and electromagnetism, influencing thinking and impacting very severely on the will-orientated side of human nature. the effectiveness increases because human beings are, by virtue of exercising their rational self-consciousness, particularly strongly united with their physical bodies, with the activity of brain and nerves in the thinking process, and also with impulsive acts of will rising up from the physical body in the form of instincts. in the process, the will that is driven by instincts only, is in danger of being paralysed and 'automated' where free initiative is concerned, if it is not met with the full force of human waking consciousness. it would no longer be controlled by human self-consciousness, no longer receiving from it morally guiding impulses. in such a case a human being can get carried away and commit actions that appear to come from a different 'ego', an internal 'double'. many artists have tried over the last 200 years, to come to grips with the constantly increasing effectiveness of the double, of which they were dimly aware in one way or another.(9)"

the idea of doppelganger is more than likely routed in the twin souls idea. sometimes our higher selves incarnate multiple souls at the same time frame in order to evolve and learn faster.

Default More about the Double

hi everyone,
    this review has more about "the double". will share short excerpts. please see link if interested. nina

http://www.doyletics.com/arj/secretbr.htm

from matherne:
    " when we are born we are new to our body when we arrive in it as a soul. we are like a child who has inherited a large home from his deceased parents — before it has examined all the rooms, someone has taken up residence in one of the rooms. this being which enters us at birth is what is referred to in the title of this book as the human double. it lives below our consciousness, in our subconscious, like a hitchhiker in the back of a pickup truck of which we are unaware. the characteristics of this human double is that of an ahrimanic spirit in the sense that it strives for power, immortality in the earthly sphere, and will manipulate its host to achieve that. it wishes for us to become free, but immoral.

[page 56, 57] so, we arrive in this world with the garment of our organism without being able to reach down into it with our soul to any great extent. instead, shortly before we are born, not very long before we are born, there is also an opportunity for another spiritual being, apart from our soul, to take possession of our body, namely, of the subconscious part of our body. this is a fact. shortly before we are born another being indwells us; in the terminology we use today we would call this an ahrimanic being. it is just as much in us as is our own soul.
    these beings lead their lives by making use of human beings to enable them to inhabit the sphere in which they wish to dwell. they have an exceptionally high degree of intelligence and a very significantly developed will, but no qualities of soul, nothing like what we would call the human qualities of soul and heart and mind. so we proceed through our life while having our soul and also a double who is far cleverer, far cleverer than we are, very intelligent, but with a mephistophelian intelligence, an ahrimanic intelligence, and in addition also an ahrimanic will, a very strong will, a will that is much more akin to the forces of nature than it is to our human will which is ruled by our heart and mind.

even the electrical currents which course along our nerves are due to the presence of these ahrimanic beings. no wonder that when our scientists attempt to create robotic beings, they use such electric forces — the robots are purely ahrimanic constructions and are basically immortal if maintained indefinitely, which would suit any ahrimanic being.

[page 57] in the nineteenth century science discovered that our nervous system is interspersed with forces of electricity. science was quite right. but the scientists are wrong if they believe that the nervous force which belongs to us and which provides the foundation for our inner world of pictures and thinking has anything to do with the electric currents that course along our nerves. those electric currents are the forces that are introduced into our being by the being i have just been describing. they do not belong to our being at all. there are electrical currents in us, but they are of a purely ahrimanic nature."......

("one of the prominent geographical structures in north america is its long ranges of mountains from north-south. the rockies in particular which extend northward close to the north magnetic pole. in such regions of the earth, the influence of the arhimanic double is particularly strong..)..

i like the way he explains this:
    " steiner takes us to the border of earthly and spiritual science and helps us to resolve the confusion between thinking in the brain and experiences in the soul. the earth sciences take us on a muddy path when they claim that all thinking stems from our brain and only while we are alive. they are focusing on the tracks left by the thinker and ignoring the thinker.

[page 19] those, however, who learn to perceive soul life by means of soul organs, spirit eyes or ears, such as i described in principle earlier on, those who really discover what soul life is, know that to call the brain a tool for thinking is just like talking about walking along a muddy path and leaving footprints there which someone coming along later tries to explain. how does he explain them? by saying that down in the depths of the earth there are forces that vibrate up and down and thus produce the footprints. the footprints, however, were not caused by those forces at all, but by me when i walked there.

thinking as described by materialistic sciences such as physiology are correct so far as they go, but they don't go far enough. they can make electroencephalograms (eegs) which show the tracks of a human brain's thinking, but those are merely the muddy footprints left behind by the thinkers, not the thoughts themselves.

[page 19, 20] this is how physiologists today explain that what takes place in the brain is generated by the brain, and there is indeed something in the nervous system that corresponds to every thought and idea, every feeling. just as my footprints correspond with where i have trodden, so is there something in the brain that does correspond with every impression encountered by the soul. but it is the soul that has impressed it upon the brain. the earth is just as little the organ for my treading or my footprints, it is just as little what produces them as the brain is the organ for all kinds of thought or ideation processes. i cannot walk without the ground, for i cannot walk in the air; i need the ground to walk on. and the brain is needed for the same reason, not because it produces the soul impressions but because the soul processes need the firm foundation upon which to express themselves during the period when the human being lives in a body between birth and death."

also shared in the review are descriptions of the special location, ireland.