dear friends,

interesting.

be well, be love.

david

part i

http://2012rising.com/article/the-ga...in-2012-part-1

the galactic alignment in 2012 - part 1

the milky waysol's place in space

one of the key pieces of information discussed with reference to the 2012 subject (2012ology) is a long anticipated alignment with the galactic centre, that is, with the very core of the milky way galactic star system. unless you happen to be an astronomer it is likely that this statement makes the whole event about as clear as freshly churned mud. some will have familiarised themselves with the details of this already, certainly any serious scholar of 2012 data will have done so. for the sake of casual readers and those new to the topic let me regale you with my recent astronomical re-education brought about largely by studying an excellent (and expensive) astronomy and cosmology book called simply, ‘astronomica’.

the basis of the 2012 alignment as discussed in relation to this website comes from a synergy of several astronomical phenomena and events. here i provide you with a quick basic background to all relevant astronomy. to start with we recall that earth circles the star called sol (hence ‘solar’ system), sol is a star out on the so called ‘local’ or ‘orion’ arm of a spiral type galaxy named the milky way. for sake of general interest lets include also the dimensions of our galaxy, it is around 100,000 light years in diameter (excluding the atomic hydrogen gas and dark matter) and includes some 100 billion stars.

part ii

http://2012rising.com/article/the-ga...in-2012-part-2

the ashram at the centre of the galaxy
    [warning this section contains subjective esoteric opinions!!]

the 2012 alignment event and this nexus-like subject with regard to the winter solstice of 21-12-2012 involves some further astronomic explanations. though we tend to view things from a very earth centred perspective, by this point we have realised that we are dealing with a sol based subject here. the only area of the topic that is earth centric is that related phenomena called precession, in which we look at the manner by which our planet’s axis wanders over time through the constellations. often visualised as the motion of a spinning top, the planet twirls rapidly, whilst its axis slowly traces a 360-degree circular pathway through the stars (visualise an extremely long laser beam from both poles into deep space).

due to the earth’s wobble, we gradually change position relative to the sun on the equinox and solstice days. these are the days on which the sun resides in such a position that it will intersect the celestial equatorial and ecliptic planes. these positions can be more correctly referred to as equinoctial points, though for the sake of easing our now aching heads let us stick to the better-known term equinox. these points occur on the 21st day of every last month of a quarter during the year, and upon those days the sun spends an almost, but not quite, equal amount of time above and below the horizon from the perspective of any point on the planet.

Default Thx LightEye-

this is just what i needed...

peace to you
    lynette

music=geometry Guest

great post le. very much enjoyed the article

Default 2012 Astrophysical Alignment in Cusco, Peru

i feel very moved to share this information right now. this is something i came across over a year ago and haven't shared with more than a few people. actually i will credit my mom with this particular aspect of the discovery as i was focused on some other aspects at the time and hadn't thought to look at this. as far as i am aware, this information has not yet been presented. if anybody has links to this information somewhere else, please let me know. i haven't been able to find any myself.

in the ancient inca capital of cusco there are four churches centered around the plaza de armas. here are the locations:

san blas 13 30 53 s 71 58 27 w
    san cristobal 13 30 48 s 71 58 48 w
    san pedro 13 31 14 s 71 58 58 w
    santo domingo 13 31 13 s 71 58 31 w

if you overlay a star map of the southern cross on these four churches, you will find a one to one correspondence between the four points of the cross and the four churches. this is fairly easy to do with google earth.

all of these churches are built on top of old temples, however the last one, santo domingo, is built on top of what used to be one of the key temples of the inca culture, called q'oricancha, or the temple of the sun.

a line connecting san cristobal to santo domingo has the bearing 151.51 degrees. this line runs along a causeway leading up to q'oricancha which runs along avenida del sol, or path of the sun.

on december 21 2012, at local time 11:11 pm, the southern cross will rise above cusco city, with the center of the four stars aligned precisely along this causeway.

you can verify with with sky globe.

hi tenet!

fascinating! the mayans and the incas were great astronomers and astrologers. just think of the "revelations" john major jenkins has made in "mayan comology" of the message of the stelas..... and the pyramids; f.i the one that follow the venuscycle. they also knew about the precession of the eqinoxes and the black hole in the center of our galaxy....the whole 2011/2012 issue..the culture of the mayans was built on this sole period in time, the end of the mayan calendar which is actually oct 28 2011, but that's another thread...

liliane the transit

liliane the transit

odiseo Guest

i'm a little bit confuse about the date , i think i read that the last day of the calendar was in december 22 2012. transiten can you explain what the exact date is it

thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by odiseo View Post
    i'm a little bit confuse about the date , i think i read that the last day of the calendar was in december 22 2012. transiten can you explain what the exact date is it

thanks in advance.
    i'll try to look it up later. too busy at the moment. the dec date 2012 refers to astronomical/astrological alignments of the sun making a conjunction with the black hole in our galaxy, and a grand cross. the 2011-date is the end of the actual mayancalendar. there are different opinions to what that means.

liliane

hi!!!

gosh did i just write about venuspassage and quetzalcoatl! i click on teh cropcirclelink and watch a recent cropcircle that designes...venus and the moon, with an explanation about venus and quetzalcoatl! i've been away for the summer and just started to write on the forum again recently.

liliane transiten

Default new here, What is the Alignment in 2012 ??

i'm new to this board, sort of new to the 2012 discussion, i've listened to some of david wilcock's interviews on coast to coast, the conscious life expo, dan burisch project camelot stuff, so i know what's being predicted, but i have a simple question about the alignment:

what is unique about the alignment occurs on 12/21/2012 and how often does this alignment take place?

(the reason why i ask is because there are alot of people on other forums that say there is nothing unusual about the alignment, that the alignment takes place every 11 years, some people say every year, but they don't sound like they know what they're talking about, so i need to know what's unique about the 12/21/2012 alignment and how often does it take place)

found this:

tzolkin (260-day sacred year equals 13 months of 20 days each)
    kal'tun (260 years) x 100 equals
    26,000 year cycle (100 kal'tun)
    104,000 year cycle (400 kal'tun)
    the current mayan great-year cycle of 26,000-years, as well as the 104,000-year cycle (the fourth sun) closes on 4 ahau 3 kankin (winter solstice, december 23, 2012 ce.)* when we begin "el quinto sol" or the fifth sun.

the 11 year cycle is the normal sunspot activity cycle. the every year cycle is simply the winter solstice on 12/21.