dear friends,

interesting.

be well, be love.

david

part i

http://2012rising.com/article/the-ga...in-2012-part-1

the galactic alignment in 2012 - part 1

the milky waysol's place in space

one of the key pieces of information discussed with reference to the 2012 subject (2012ology) is a long anticipated alignment with the galactic centre, that is, with the very core of the milky way galactic star system. unless you happen to be an astronomer it is likely that this statement makes the whole event about as clear as freshly churned mud. some will have familiarised themselves with the details of this already, certainly any serious scholar of 2012 data will have done so. for the sake of casual readers and those new to the topic let me regale you with my recent astronomical re-education brought about largely by studying an excellent (and expensive) astronomy and cosmology book called simply, ‘astronomica’.

the basis of the 2012 alignment as discussed in relation to this website comes from a synergy of several astronomical phenomena and events. here i provide you with a quick basic background to all relevant astronomy. to start with we recall that earth circles the star called sol (hence ‘solar’ system), sol is a star out on the so called ‘local’ or ‘orion’ arm of a spiral type galaxy named the milky way. for sake of general interest lets include also the dimensions of our galaxy, it is around 100,000 light years in diameter (excluding the atomic hydrogen gas and dark matter) and includes some 100 billion stars.

part ii

http://2012rising.com/article/the-ga...in-2012-part-2

the ashram at the centre of the galaxy
[warning this section contains subjective esoteric opinions!!]

the 2012 alignment event and this nexus-like subject with regard to the winter solstice of 21-12-2012 involves some further astronomic explanations. though we tend to view things from a very earth centred perspective, by this point we have realised that we are dealing with a sol based subject here. the only area of the topic that is earth centric is that related phenomena called precession, in which we look at the manner by which our planet’s axis wanders over time through the constellations. often visualised as the motion of a spinning top, the planet twirls rapidly, whilst its axis slowly traces a 360-degree circular pathway through the stars (visualise an extremely long laser beam from both poles into deep space).

due to the earth’s wobble, we gradually change position relative to the sun on the equinox and solstice days. these are the days on which the sun resides in such a position that it will intersect the celestial equatorial and ecliptic planes. these positions can be more correctly referred to as equinoctial points, though for the sake of easing our now aching heads let us stick to the better-known term equinox. these points occur on the 21st day of every last month of a quarter during the year, and upon those days the sun spends an almost, but not quite, equal amount of time above and below the horizon from the perspective of any point on the planet.